Geddy Lee My Effin Life North American Dates
Geddy Lee brings to life his forthcoming memoir My Effin’ Life, due for release on November 14th by Harper Collins. In addition to the 5 dates in the UK announced last week, there will be 14 more cities added for North America that kicks off on November 13th at The Beacon Theatre in New York.
The evening promises to be a once-in-a-life-time event. After the curtain rises, Geddy Lee will give his fans a peek into the very fabric of his life: from a deep reflection of his family and childhood, to a dive into the history of Rush; from the determined pursuit of music, to the personal memories with his life-long friends and band-mates, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart. Joined on stage by a special guest interviewer, Geddy Lee will be reading key passages from his forthcoming book My Effin’ Life; he will then share thoughts and stories taken from his experience. Fans will then have the chance to participate in a special Q&A, with Geddy Lee answering their questions directly.
“Writing this book has meant spending so much time living in the past. I’ve never lived my life looking anywhere but forward, which is why I resisted doing this kind of thing for so long. Being in a band all those years was reassuring because it was an ongoing thing. It felt like it was forever. There was always unfinished business: the next record, the next set design, the next tour. It’s been the theme of my life. But you need a lot more determination to proceed in the world of music without the comfort of your bandmates, and I can only hope that finishing this book will release me to return to what I do and love best”. – GEDDY LEE
GEDDY LEE – MY EFFIN’ LIFE IN CONVERSATION – NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES:
Mon Nov 13 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre
Wed Nov 15 – Philadelphia, PA – The Met Philadelphia
Fri Nov 17 – National Harbor, MD – The Theater at MGM National Harbor
Sat Nov 18 – Boston, MA – Orpheum Theatre presented by Citizens
Sun Nov 19 – Cleveland, OH – State Theatre at Playhouse Square
Tue Nov 21 – Montréal, QC – Théâtre Maisonneuve
Thu Nov 23 – Vancouver, BC – The Centre in Vancouver
Fri Nov 24 – Seattle, WA – Moore Theatre
Sun Nov 26 – San Francisco, CA – The Masonic
Tue Nov 28 – Los Angeles, CA – Orpheum Theatre
Thu Nov 30 – Denver, CO – Paramount Theatre
Sun Dec 03 – Chicago, IL – Auditorium Theatre
Mon Dec 04 – Detroit, MI – The Fillmore Detroit
Thu Dec 07 – Toronto, ON – Massey Hall
- General on sale beginning Friday, October 6th at 10am local time at Ticketmaster.com.
- Every ticket purchased includes a first edition hard copy of Geddy Lee My Effin’ Life which will be provided to ticket holder upon entry into the venue.
- There is a 4 ticket limit per person.
- Presale tickets will be available starting with Rush.com newsletter member presales beginning Tuesday, October 3rd (10am) through Wednesday, October 4th (6pm).
- Citi is the official card of the Geddy Lee My Effin’ Life In Conversation. Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets beginning Tuesday, October 3rd at 12pm local time until Thursday, October 5th at 6pm local time through the Citi Entertainment program. For complete presale details visit www.citientertainment.com.
$1 per ticket is going to the Neil Peart Memorial At Lakeside Park fund. The project and its timelines are contingent on the task force raising the $1 million fundraising goal established for the project. Donations of any size can be made towards the memorial project online at www.stcatharines.ca/neilpeart. The sooner the task force can achieve its fundraising objectives through the generosity of Peart’s fans, the sooner the community and his fans will be able to see the results.